PEAKS AND TROUGHS

After a beautiful hour or so of sunshine, the sky is starting to look gloomy again but there is still some blue up there; some potential sunshine.  Talking about peaks and troughs of weather, I grabbed the opportunity of feeding my four tomato plants with Tomorite and my hanging baskets and troughs with MiracleGro - amazing how they can get thirsty so fast.  So far I have a few green tomatoes and not a ripe one in sight.  Still, I am really happy with the way the trough under my front window has filled out.  I get a beautiful display from inside too.  I've been growing on those pelargoniums for years, each year taking cuttings from the old ones and eventually throwing the old ones away but I got to the point where I got mixed up with the colours and had no idea how the trough was going to turn out.  I did know that the two trailing pelargoniums would be cerise though.  I have one at each end.





Hanging baskets filling out well

Runner Bean 'St George' a bit slow due to the weather.  Still, there's time.

Followers