FEELS LIKE SPRING



It feels like spring!  Not only because the weather today is mild, with a cool breeze and sunshine, but there are so many jobs in the garden that need doing all at once that it is just overfacing.  I've managed to plant crocuses, irises, snowdrops, Peaches and Cream tulips, and hyacinths (City of Haarlem and Yellow Queen) in tubs and containers ready to put on a show next spring.  And I've cleaned the marble table top to rid it of green mould (this is the first year that has happened!) ready to be sealed.  If water is allowed to get into the marble over winter and it freezes, the marble will crack.  And I've hosed down the patio best I can to try and get rid of the mould before I go break my neck slipping on it.  I've never known such a year for rain and mould, and damage to my plants.


Hyacinth Yellow Queen
I've got all the daffodils to plant yet (Double Smiles and Obdam), some bluebells, and three bags of tulips (Fur Elise, Dreamboat, and Johann Strauss) to find homes for.  But not today.


Peaches and Cream tulips


Fur Elise tulip



Johann Strauss tulip




Obdam narcissus


Double Smiles narcissus

Followers