Rain has stopped play in my garden for a week or so now and the ground is absolutely saturated. As my soil is heavy, it is far too difficult to do anything right now but hope for sunshine. It'll be time to planting up the hanging baskets soon and maybe today I shall sow the courgette, cucumber and sweet pepper seeds in pots. I see that under the fleecy polytunnel where I sowed seeds over a week ago that things are germinating, particularly the radish seeds which are always first to come up.
The rain has battered the heads of the tulips that flowered a few weeks ago but another kind, which has matured much later, is now in flower: Peaches and Cream. It is really compact and lovely. While with the other varieties of daffodils and tulips that I planted last year one or two bulbs didn't produce anything, Peaches and Creams has been the best. Every one of the 8 bulbs planted has produced a perfect flower and the leaves are gloriously healthy.
.JPG) |
| 02 May 2012 morning |
.JPG) |
| 02 May 2012 afternoon |
The petals are still holding on after more than 2 weeks in bloom, through wind, sunshine, rain and strong winds. What more can you ask?
.JPG) |
| 14 May 2012 |
 |
| 23 May 2012 |
This is definitely one to propagate or buy more of.