PHALAENOPSIS ORCHID
A few years ago I owned 12 phalaenopsis orchids which were blooming beautifully and all died when I moved home. Since then, I have moved home yet again and am dying to give growing them another go. So, good luck to this one. It's on an east facing kitchen window bottom.
I believe, in an earlier post, I mentioned that I had one like this before, a white one that was in bloom when I bought it and on just one stem it continued to bloom non-stop for 13 months. That too was a casualty of my moving home and I am still grieving for it! :) This is it, below. You cannot see it but the stem goes up above the top of the photo and then arches down. The stem just kept getting longer and longer, producing more and more blooms. Do you think 13 months might be a record for an orchid to bloom on one stem, non-stop?
I believe, in an earlier post, I mentioned that I had one like this before, a white one that was in bloom when I bought it and on just one stem it continued to bloom non-stop for 13 months. That too was a casualty of my moving home and I am still grieving for it! :) This is it, below. You cannot see it but the stem goes up above the top of the photo and then arches down. The stem just kept getting longer and longer, producing more and more blooms. Do you think 13 months might be a record for an orchid to bloom on one stem, non-stop?