PURPLE AND WHITE HANGING BASKETS

Over the last two or three years the four hanging baskets which adorn the back wall of my home from May to late October have been filled with Swingtime and Southgate trailing fuchsias.  This year I wanted a change, so I went for purpley colours and white.  The white flowers are bacopas: Bacopa Scopia 'Great White' and Bacopa Scopia 'Double Ballerina Snowball'.  Fabulous they are.  With them I planted the petunia 'Lime'.  The mauve/purple colours are provided by Petunia 'Heavenly Blue' and Verbena 'Purple Passion'.  The hanging baskets are not quite yet filled out and it hasn't helped that the dear old aphids took a passion to the verbena and almost killed them.  A bit of bug spray might have sorted that out but only time will tell.

Verbena 'Purple Passion', May 2017
Hanging basket with Bacopa Scopia 'Double Ballerina Snowball' (at the front of image)
Petuna 'Heavenly Blue', Verbena 'Purple Passion', and (out of sight) Petuna 'Lime' and Bacopa Scopia 'Great White'.

Bacopa Scopia 'Great White'

Petunia 'Heavenly Blue'
Bacopa Scopia 'Double Ballerina Snowball'


Petunia 'Lime'
In the centre of each hanging basket, I have planted a Southgate or Swingtime fuchsia which has overwintered.  They look a bit weak but we'll see how they come along, or if they don't. 


As the baskets face east, they get quite a lot of shade from mid to late morning during the warmer months.  My plants should tolerate this. 

Followers